The Cuisinart DCC-1200 comes with a great retro look that will quickly make it the centerpiece of any kitchen. Because of this design, the materials are very sturdy and give this coffee maker a very long life cycle. Cuisinart are aware of this and for this same reason offer a 3-year limited warranty instead of the 1 year warranty that is typical for other coffee machines in the same class.
It measures 14-1/4, 8, 10-3/4 inches and comes in a Matte black, black chrome, or black/stainless. The three different color choices ensure that the Cuisinart DCC-1200 will fit almost any kitchen in terms of décor.
This unit actually has a lot of advanced features, especially when comparing it to other coffee machines in the same price class. Let’s take a closer look at these features of the Cuisinart DCC-1200.
The cheapest price we could find for this product was on Amazon. Click here to check it out.
Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker Features and Specifications
- Charcoal water filter. This filters the water for harsh minerals and chlorine, giving you a much better tasting coffee. Having such a water filter really makes a big difference and gives you the same result as using filtered water, just without the high costs of doing so.
- 12 cup coffee maker that is fully programmable and allows you to schedule for automatic wake-up/dessert coffee. Nothing better than waking up to a fresh and tasty cup of coffee.
- The Cuisinart DCC-1200 also includes : A Glass carafe, instruction book, gold tone filter and 4# paper filter starter kit. The gold tone filter allows you to brew coffee without using paper filters, but if you prefer to use filters you can still do so.
- LCD digital clock.
- Clean setting that notifies you, when it is time to remove built up calcification from your unit. This will extend the life of your Cuisinart DCC-1200.
- Pause and Serve function: stops the flow of coffee when carafe is removed from the heater plate and allows you to pour a cup of coffee mid brew. Note that the heating plate comes with scratch resistant, nonstick coating.
Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker Reviews
The Cuisinart DCC-1200 has countless reviews online and is one of the best selling coffee machines currently on the market.
This unit has received thousands of 5/5 ratings, but there are also people who have some complaints. The complaints are geared mainly towards two things. The first thing some people complain about is that they feel it is a little hard to fill the water reservoir with water.
The next thing some people comment on is that they don’t feel the Cuisinart DCC-1200 is as durable as the Cuisinart marketing claims. However, there are almost double as many reviews that state that this unit is extremely durable and there are hundreds of people that have had their model for several years.
For this same reason we think the durability concern is really a question of whether or not, you do the minimum required maintenance to prolong the life of your coffee machine.
All the positive reviews agree on the fact that the Cuisinart DCC-1200 makes good coffee and does so very fast. Some people also mention that they were a little put off by some of the negative reviews and that they were greatly surprised when they purchased and realized how great this unit really is.
Here is a direct quote from a customer:
“I got this coffee maker about a year ago.
This is the best coffee maker I have had in the past 30 years since I have been drinking coffee.
Its a very easy to use and clean coffee maker. But, the best thing about it is the quality of the brew that i get from this.
The built quality is also good.”
The Cuisinart DCC-1200 makes great coffee and does so quickly, at the same time the price is very competitive and you really get a lot of value for your money. The Cuisinart DCC-1200 is recommended if you want a sturdy coffee machine that brews rich and flavorful coffee.